2015. április 29., szerda

Water wonderland

Wakeboarding is my totally favourite topic, and a season has already started, so I decided to share a little bit of my wakeboarding story. The sport is the combination of surfing, water skiing and snowboarding, and of course it’s an extreme sport. There are two types of wakeboarding, the first is when the rider is pulled by a motorboat, and the other one is when the rider 'rides' in a cable park (that's what I do).

I started wakeboarding in 2013 at the Lake Velence. I really enjoyed it, so I decided to continue this sport. Then, I visited an other cable park (in 2014) which is much closer than the previous one. The start was harder a little bit, because I had to use different technique, but I just had to practise. I went to practise every weekend, and I became better and better, I easily could take a corner and go along a whole round without falling.

At the end of July I took part in a one-week-long wakeboarding camp. It was very intensive. The programme was the next:
7.00 – getting up
7.30 – running (lovely morning runs around the lake)
8.00-10.00 – morning training (and then breakfast)
12.00-14.00 – ‘noon’ training
16.00-18.00 – ‘afternoon’ training
It’s 6 hours of wakeboarding per day! It seems maybe too much, but we really enjoyed every minute. I also tried wakeskating out, which is supposedly harder than wakeboarding. Well, it was easy for me (without doing tricks of course). 

I also saw one of my favourite riders. He was awesome!! I wish I could achieve the half of what he has achieved (he was the world champion twice).

I have big plans for the current season, but I won’t give them away now! :)

Here are some of my favourite videos: (the first is about my role model in wakeboarding, Carro Djupsö and the second is about an awesome cable park in hungary, it's maybe a little bit long, but I love it)

Carro Djupsjo at CWC from GNARproductions on Vimeo.
Venice Beach 2014 from András Meretei on Vimeo.
- Virág 

2 megjegyzés: